Saint Nathaniel’s Gains Stoke Speaks Out Level 4 Accreditation!
28 February 2018
Congratulations to the Early Years Team at Saint Nathaniel’s Academy on being awarded the ‘Level 4 Communication Friendly Setting Accreditation’ by Stoke Speaks Out.
In January, a group of Stoke Speaks Out Speech Therapists, along with the local Communication Champion, assessed evidence that had been collated by Debbie Goodwin and Rachel Colley over the last six months.
The assessment to see if the Early Years Foundations Stage was a communication friendly setting also included:
- observing good practise.
- observing staff delivering speech and language programmes
- bi-lingual assistants teaching English to EAL children
- staff modelling language to children during continuous provision.
- interviewing Lucy Clark, the school Senco
- observing the children in the Pre-school, Nursery and Reception classes.
- observing the interaction between staff and children during lunch time provision and outdoor learning.
- interviewing staff about supporting children to improve their communication and language skills.
- interviewing parents from the school
Finally, the Stoke Speaks Out Team interviewed Debbie Goodwin and Rachel Colley. They showcased the evidence and answered any questions asked by the team. At the end of the assessment the Stoke Speaks Out Team agreed that Saint Nathaniel’s Early Years is a Communication Friendly Setting.
Saint Nathaniel’s will collect their award at the Stoke Speaks Out Conference in the spring.
Well Done Saint Nathaniel’s!
Stoke Speaks Out Level 4 Accreditation: A whole setting ‘communication friendly’ award. Settings gather evidence of their competence in a range of areas including emotional support, working with parents/carers, providing a positive communication environment, interacting positively. This is moderated and successful settings hold an award for 3 years.
The EYFS Team
Miss Danek and Mrs Hussain (Saint Nathaniel’s Bi-lingual Assistants)
St. Bart’s Schools – Covid Achievements – Letter to Parents 16 June 2020
St. Bart’s Schools Response – opening for children June 1st 2020
The St. Bart’s Academy Trust Annual Report 2020-2021