Need-to-know: Rise in teacher pension contributions will be ‘fully funded’ for 2019/20
15 January 2019
The DfE has opened a consultation on funding the rise in employer contributions to teachers’ pension from September 2019. This funding will only cover state-funded schools.
The DfE plans to fully fund this rise – make your voice heard
Take a few minutes to fill out the consultation on this proposal. There are only 4 questions.
Read the consultation document beforehand for more details.
You have until 12 February 2019. The DfE will publish a response in spring 2019.
The funding will cover the 2019/20 financial year
This means funding for:
- Maintained schools through to March 2020
- Academies through to August 2020
What we don’t know yet
- How allocations for each school will be calculated
- When you’ll receive your allocation
- Whether this funding will extend into 2020/21. The government will decide this after a spending review later this year
What’s this all about?
From September 2019 the employer contribution rate for the Teachers’ Pension Scheme will increase to 23.6%. The current rate is 16.48%.
Congratulations to all at Knutton St Mary’s CofE Academy for their recent Ofsted Inspection.
Welcome to the first edition of the SBMAT Academy Newsletter – Issue 1
Congratulations to all at Woodcroft First School for their recent Ofsted Inspection.