Need-to-know: Ofsted publishes draft handbooks as new framework consultation opens
16 January 2019
Find out what the headline changes are and respond to the consultation. The new inspection framework comes into effect this September.
Proposed changes that we didn’t know about before
Ofsted’s consulting on some new proposals for inspections of maintained schools and academies:
- Increasing the length of section 8 inspections of ‘good’ schools (currently known as ‘short’ inspections) from 1 to 2 days
- Introducing on-site inspector preparation for section 5 and section 8 inspections on the afternoon prior to inspection. Inspectors would arrive at your school no later than 12.30pm on the day before the inspection is scheduled to start
- No longer using your school’s internal performance data for current pupils as inspection evidence
Changes we already knew about that Ofsted is also consulting on
Framework proposals are to:
- Introduce a new ‘quality of education’ judgement, built around Ofsted’s working definition of the curriculum
- Have separate judgements focusing on learners’ ‘personal development’ and ‘behaviour and attitudes’
Congratulations to all at Knutton St Mary’s CofE Academy for their recent Ofsted Inspection.
Welcome to the first edition of the SBMAT Academy Newsletter – Issue 1
Congratulations to all at Woodcroft First School for their recent Ofsted Inspection.