Looking to join the teaching profession? School Direct places available
5 April 2017
School Direct Initial Teacher Training
There are still places available on the Britannia Teaching School Alliance (BTSA) School Direct programme starting September 2017.
If you know anyone who may be interested please forward them this link or share it on social media.
Please apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
BTSA operates from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, the founding school of The St. Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust.
The School Direct teacher training programme is an excellent opportunity for graduates and career changers to join the teaching profession.
School Direct is a new route into teaching that places the school based programme at the heart of the experience.
BTSA have a proven track record:
- 100% of 2015 School Direct trainees rated as good or outstanding
- 100% of trainees in NQT posts following completion for the third year running
On the programme you’ll also have the unique opportunity for an enhanced international placement in Holland.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants must have:
- Preferable 2:1 or above degree
- Maths, English and Science GCSE grade C or above (no equivalent tests accepted by the University of Derby)
- Sound knowledge of Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1 OR Key Stage 1/2
- Experience in a school—classroom based (paid or voluntary)
- Potential to teach letter from schools
- A personal statement submitted with application
Please note, you will need to pass Maths and English skills tests before commencing the programme.
How to apply
Apply for the School Direct programme via The UCAS Portal, by searching for Britannia Teaching School Alliance.
See full details about the BTSA School Direct programme here.
For the last eight years, the team at Saint Nathaniel’s Academy has been working with pupils to develop and transform the school’s garden into a valuable, child-safe asset that is much-loved by its many pupils.
Forty children from across the Trust attended Rugby Development Training hosted by Longton Rugby Club.
The first of March saw two new academies join the St. Bart’s family – Whitchurch CE Infant and Nursery Academy and Whitchurch CE Junior Academy.