It’s “Good” for Woodcroft First School too!
1 May 2019
Congratulations to all at Woodcroft First School for their recent Ofsted Inspection.
Woodcroft First School, based in Leek, has been rated “good” by Ofsted inspectors after being told two years ago that it “required Improvement”.
The latest report outlines the changes made by Executive Principal Sean Thomson and Head of School Helen Hewitt and their colleagues.
Mr Thomson said: “Over the last year the school has been committed to improving and it is great that the fantastic work at Woodcroft is validated.”
Mrs Hewitt added: “I am extremely proud of the whole school community who work together to ensure great outcomes for our children.”
Extracts from the report include:
- The head of school and executive principal provide strong leadership. They have reversed the previous decline in pupils’ achievement and in the quality of teaching.
- The St Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust, its leaders,governors and staff have transformed the school since the two previous inspections. There is good capacity now to sustain improvement.
- Governance has improved since the previous inspection. Governors are increasingly influencing school improvement but could still be making more strategic decisions to hold leaders to account.
- Pupils are proud of their school and feel safe, valued and supported. They are extremely well behaved, polite and courteous.
A summary of the report:
- Overall effectiveness: Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Outstanding
- Outcomes for pupils: Good
- Early years provision: Good
Woodcroft First School, based in Leek are set to join the St. Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust in Summer 2019.
Woodcroft First School Ofsted Report
St. Bart’s Academies Trust come together for their first trust wide Development Day.
Congratulations to all at Offley Primary Academy for their recent Ofsted Inspection.
Congratulations to all at St. Michael’s Community Academy for their recent Ofsted Inspection.